Tuesday, July 10, 2007


I chose this picture from Flickr because I imagine this might be what the early settlers to Manteo saw as they approached. I am going to an NCCAT seminar next week, Aboard the Elizabeth II, at Manteo. I've never been to the Outer Banks and enjoyed looking at the posted pictures. I will be sure to bring my camera to document the things that we will be doing. I hope singing talent isn't required because two nights involve learning sea chanteys and Elizabethan dances. This could be interesting.

1 comment:

Kimmels said...

You will love NCCAT! There's a new book out about the Lost Colony called Roanoke: the Mystery of the Lost Colony, by Lee Miller. Apparently she has written a book for adults about the same topic. It was fascinating to read - it appears that the Roanoke settlers may have essentially been marooned on the coast in an attempt to discredit Sir Walter Raleigh.